Lamar, An Historic Polk County WI School House

About Lamar   |   Building History   |   Building Restoration



Lamar Community Center Front of Building


Lamar Community Center walk through video tour from Jon Cermin on Vimeo.





Lamar School was originally constructed in 1905 as a one room school house and was later expanded to include the two upper rooms and the front entrance it has today. Lamar School is one of the few turn of the century school houses owned by a non-profit in Wisconsin.

Today Lamar School is owned by Wild Rivers Habitat for Humanity, Inc.

Lamar School is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.



1488 200th Street, P.O. Box 344, St. Croix Falls, WI 54024  

Lamar is located 2 miles north of Hwy 8 on 200th Street. See Google Map